- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
2005 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems111NHTSA complaints: 311
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 89
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- AC / heater problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 351
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 12
- steering problemsNHTSA: 11
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.