- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 25 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 28 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 41 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 45 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 52 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems161NHTSA complaints: 312
- engine problems13NHTSA complaints: 114
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 431
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 29
- steering problemsNHTSA: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 11
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.