- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 5 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 12 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 23 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 44 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems151NHTSA complaints: 312
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 110
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 421
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 27
- steering problemsNHTSA: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.