- August 30: Nissan Recalls Frontier and NV For Seat Belt Problems
- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
2005 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems105NHTSA complaints: 311
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 89
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems1
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 351
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 12
- steering problemsNHTSA: 11
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.