- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 270,000 Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
2005 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems123NHTSA complaints: 14
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems2
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.