- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 12 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 13 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 22 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 39 days ago
Transmission Not Working Correctly
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 95,073 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 84 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- recall the transmissions for ongoing problems, jerking (41 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace valve body (7 reports)