- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 17 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 41 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 50 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 76 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 87 days ago
Transmission Not Working Correctly
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,537 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 80 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- recall the transmissions for ongoing problems, jerking (40 reports)
- replace transmission (17 reports)
- not sure (16 reports)
- replace valve body (7 reports)