- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 8 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 56 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 77 days ago
Transmission Not Working Correctly
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 72 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- recall the transmissions for ongoing problems, jerking (37 reports)
- replace transmission (15 reports)
- not sure (13 reports)
- replace valve body (7 reports)