- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 3 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 5 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 10 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 18 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 22 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not working correctly86
- vehicle jumps when changing gears56
- transmission failure23
- shifting roughly19
- transmission unable to be rebuilt2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission306
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission6
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.