- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 21 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 30 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 56 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 67 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 73 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission not working correctly79
- vehicle jumps when changing gears53
- transmission failure23
- shifting roughly11
- transmission unable to be rebuilt1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission306
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission6
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.