- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 34 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 36 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
2011 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2011 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems4
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problems3
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.