- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
- August 3: Nissan LEAF Battery Lawsuit Gives a Charge to Owners
- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
2011 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2011 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems4
- wheels / hubs problems3
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 11
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.