- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 10 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 10 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 20 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
2011 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2011 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems4
- wheels / hubs problems3
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.