- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
- August 3: Nissan LEAF Battery Lawsuit Gives a Charge to Owners
- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems56NHTSA complaints: 131
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 83
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 72
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 200
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 16
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.