- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
- January 15: Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Lawsuit Gets in Gear
- January 1: Nissan Recalls Armada SUVs To Replace Transmissions
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems38NHTSA complaints: 131
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 17
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 74
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 70
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 186
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 17
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 15
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.