- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 27 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 30 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 43 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 47 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 54 days ago
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems98NHTSA complaints: 131
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 93
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 75
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 223
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 13
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.