- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems40NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.