- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems27NHTSA complaints: 130
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 57
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 141
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 13
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 8
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.