- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 0 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 7 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 14 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 25 days ago
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems91NHTSA complaints: 131
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 92
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 75
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 218
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.