- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 13 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 13 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems142NHTSA complaints: 131
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 95
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 17
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems2
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 75
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 239
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.