- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 6 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 13 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 24 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 45 days ago
2006 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.