- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 7 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 8 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 17 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 34 days ago
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,246 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- replace transmission (5 reports)
- yes i will have to pay the $3,800.00 to get my car fixed (4 reports)
- replace drive shaft (1 reports)