- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 13 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 61 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 82 days ago
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,349 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- yes i will have to pay the $3,800.00 to get my car fixed (4 reports)
- replace transmission (2 reports)
- replace drive shaft (1 reports)