- October 25: Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 Transmission Lawsuit Almost Settled news | 2 days ago
- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 24 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 48 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 57 days ago
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,146 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- replace transmission (4 reports)
- yes i will have to pay the $3,800.00 to get my car fixed (4 reports)
- replace drive shaft (1 reports)