- November 26: Nissan Recalls NV200 Cargo Van For Wiring Problems
- October 31: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Air Bag Failure
- October 31: Nissan Recalls Titan and Armada Because of Brake Failure
- October 23: Nissan Recalls 151,000 Cars Because of Antilock Brake Problems
- September 27: Nissan Recalls 909,000 Cars That Could Die on the Road
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)