- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 24 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 27 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 40 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 44 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 51 days ago
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,514 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- yes i will have to pay the $3,800.00 to get my car fixed (4 reports)
- replace transmission (3 reports)
- replace drive shaft (1 reports)