- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 0 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 5 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 14 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 18 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 40 days ago
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,899 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 19 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- replace transmission (6 reports)
- yes i will have to pay the $3,800.00 to get my car fixed (4 reports)
- replace drive shaft (1 reports)