- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 19 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 30 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 36 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 39 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 84 days ago
Delay And A Hard Shift Going Into Drive
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,146 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- replace transmission (4 reports)
- yes i will have to pay the $3,800.00 to get my car fixed (4 reports)
- replace drive shaft (1 reports)