- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 1 days ago
- January 2: South Korea: BMW, Nissan and Porsche Falsified Documents news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Recalls Altima, Maxima and Rogue For Airbag Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Sentra Master Cylinder Recalls May Not Have Worked investigations | 21 days ago
- December 26: Nissan Power Valve Screws Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 23 days ago
2008 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Worst 2008 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 17
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exhaust system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.