- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 46 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 55 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 81 days ago
2010 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2010 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems25NHTSA complaints: 7
- steering problems17NHTSA complaints: 136
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 71
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.