- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
- September 3: Nissan Recalls 300,000 Cars to Modify Console Plastic Trim
- September 3: Nissan Seeks Dismissal of Nissan Altima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit
- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
2010 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2010 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems25NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 55
- steering problems8NHTSA complaints: 109
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.