- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
- January 15: Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Lawsuit Gets in Gear
- January 1: Nissan Recalls Armada SUVs To Replace Transmissions
2010 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2010 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems25NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 75
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.