- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
2010 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2010 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 75
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.