- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2010 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2010 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems1
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 5
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.