- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
2010 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2010 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problems1
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 43
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.