- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 1 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 3 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 8 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 17 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 21 days ago
2007 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
Worst 2007 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems17NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 29
- AC / heater problems2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 9
- steering problemsNHTSA: 6
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.