- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 9 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 57 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 78 days ago
Vehicle Jumps When Changing Gears
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,181 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 44 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (22 reports)
- new transmission (15 reports)
- no . nissan doesnt want to fix this on warranty (3 reports)
- replaced valve body (3 reports)
- new solenoid pack (1 reports)