- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 3 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 12 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 16 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 38 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 39 days ago
Vehicle Jumps When Changing Gears
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,590 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 56 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (24 reports)
- new transmission (22 reports)
- no . nissan doesnt want to fix this on warranty (4 reports)
- replaced valve body (3 reports)
- new solenoid pack (2 reports)
- replaced front lower motor mount (1 reports)