- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 13 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 17 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 24 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 25 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 29 days ago
Vehicle Jumps When Changing Gears
2005 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,979 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 50 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (24 reports)
- new transmission (16 reports)
- no . nissan doesnt want to fix this on warranty (4 reports)
- replaced valve body (3 reports)
- new solenoid pack (2 reports)
- replaced front lower motor mount (1 reports)