1. replaced compressor unit and drive belts (1 reports)
2000 Nissan Maxima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Nissan Maxima:

2000 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jun 162005

Maxima GLE

Frustrated!! My AC was acting funny. The air would blow hot (only occasionally- once every 2 weeks or so) for no reason. Then one day my car starting running hard and making an odd clanking noise. I took it to Nissan and was told that my AC clutch compressor broke, my AC shaft broke, and my idler pulley bearing broke. I was informed that I could not drive my car and was told that I had to replace my drive belts and compressor unit immediately or could end up having problems with my air pump and alternator. When I asked why this happens I was told that "cars break sometimes." I was also told that none of the cost would be covered by Nissan because my car has over 60,000 miles. Bogus!

- , Lakewood, CO, USA