2002 Nissan Maxima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Maxima:

2002 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jun 162003

Maxima 24-cyl

I have had my new 2002 Nissan Maxima SE for about 45 days now and it has less then 16,000 miles on it. After some rain storms I had noticed that the trunk was leaking a lot and there was a lot of water gathered in the spare tire compartment and the mat and carpet were starting to smell. I took it into academy Nissan and they gave me a big story why it might not be covered... in the end it was covered but it took 4 days to get my car back and all they did was bend the trunk, now it hits the bumper when it closes and is not parallel to the ground making it look uncentered. I am not happy with their workmanship or their customer service and I plan on dealing with higher management until the problem is solved.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA