2003 Nissan Maxima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Maxima:

2003 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

May 212003

Maxima 8-cyl

I purchased the 2003 Nissan maximathe end of January 2003, I was never told that the headlights on these cars are easily removeable, by simply popping them out with a screw driver. So on May 21, my car's headlights were stolen. I complained to the Nissan Corp but was told that there was noth they could do about the problem. They are aware of the situation, in fact they have already introduced the 2004 model with the headlights tamper proof. The police told me that this model car is very popular with the thieves and I should not keep this C ar in the street for more then 10mins at a time. So basically, I bought a car to keep under lock and key and not use at all. Why can't Nissan recall these cars and fix the problem, because every time the lights are stolen, the demage is more then $2,000, also what happens if I am a distance away and they steal my headlights, I will not be able to drive back home or risk driving with no headlights and maybe hurt myself or someone else. Please check into this matter and advise me.

- Middle Village, NY, USA