Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

1. added damping material (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Maxima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Maxima:

2004 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Sep 222004

Maxima SE

Rattles may seem insignificant, and the car has never stranded me. Numerous unfixable rattles along with radio control malfunctions and dealer run-around have left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Nissan products. I had a Maxima previously that was the best car I had ever owned, hence owner loyalty. I am currently negotiating with Nissan using BBB Autoline to repurchase the car. I have been told that there is no way they will repurchase my car (per Nissan Rep). I am waiting for Technical Service Advisor to inspect and try to fix, then we go to a hearing. The way the dealership and Nissan North America has treated me is worse than the defects. They refuse to admit that there may be a problem however slight with my car.

- , Miami, OK, USA