CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

2004 Nissan Maxima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Maxima:

2004 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Mar 182015

Maxima Elite V6

Started with ABS unit running constantly, even when my 2004 Nissan Maxima was turned off. Long story short, car caught fire, totaling it.

Apparently this is a known problem.. Is Nissan liable?

Need other people who've had this problem.

- , Maple Shade, NJ, USA

Mar 012014

Maxima SE 3.5L V6

My 2004 Nissan Maxima Brake light came on at first and I went to a Nissan dealer while getting an oil change to get that looked at. As my car finished up I was told my brakes were fine maybe the snow triggered the problem, and to wait a few days to see if that noise and light would go off. It never did, in fact over a few days my ABS light came on as well and at this point figured this was an even worse problem, due to my battery dying over night even though my car was off something was causing it to die because I recently replace the battery about a few days after that problem. So what I did was ended up getting a diagnostic test for my entire car. Was told my ABS module needed to be replaced and after about a week ordered an ABS module, few days after that my car caught on fire.

- , Edgewood, MD, USA