Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

2006 Nissan Maxima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Maxima:

2006 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Nov 192014

Maxima SE 3.5L V6

I give my car regular tune ups, oil changes, and any other regular checks that it needs. But the check engine light will not go off. The repair guy says that it is a sensor problem, which he had fixed. But then two days later the dam light pops back on. I'm so tired of this car it's ridiculous. I want to sell this piece of sh*t. Now I'm reading off this car complaint app. That it's the manufacture's fault by putting in these messed car parts.

- , Providence, RI, USA

May 012009

Maxima SE 3.5L V6

The check engine light comes on and off occasionally not sure why but i think it is linked to the transmission issues it has stayed on for the logest since i first seen it. I always put my gas cap on tight, use the proper gas and make sure the car is turned off ssue to this year car i was informed its a vacuum type fuel system its best to turn it off while pumping gas. Not sure why but this car has given me more problems than my 1996 Maxima SE which I have never experiences and had almost 200,000 miles on it and I wish I would have kept.

- , Owings Mills, MD, USA