- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 2 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 8 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 56 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 59 days ago
Check Engine Light On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 103,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)