CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.

8.0

2006 Nissan Maxima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Maxima:

2006 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

May 012009

Maxima SE 3.5L V6

The check engine light comes on and off occasionally not sure why but i think it is linked to the transmission issues it has stayed on for the logest since i first seen it. I always put my gas cap on tight, use the proper gas and make sure the car is turned off ssue to this year car i was informed its a vacuum type fuel system its best to turn it off while pumping gas. Not sure why but this car has given me more problems than my 1996 Maxima SE which I have never experiences and had almost 200,000 miles on it and I wish I would have kept.

- , Owings Mills, MD, USA