CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

6.0

1. evac system, change hose, recharge system (1 reports)
2007 Nissan Maxima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Oct 012011

Maxima SE 3.5L V6

Bought my first Maxima due to thinking they were well made vehicles. Has 70,000 miles on it. Found out now there are several problems with this model. Just had the AC quit blowing cold air. After taking it to several people to look at I got different answers from a leak, to a bad compressor, to a system control problem. Finally found out that the low pressure hose has a leak. Will cost around $100 to have the system depressurized, over $100 for the hose (not even from Nissan who wants much more), $100 for the labor and then another $100 to recharge and add more refrigerant. That is over $400 just for a leak in a hose. My main complaint is that this is a common problem with this hose and Nissan will not accept responsibility. Every bad hose to leaking at the same spot. The EPA makes it against the law with big fines for us to release any of this refrigerant into the air but they wont make Nissan do anything about this problem who knowingly is letting it into the air with each new case. The parts guy I called at Nissan was aware of this hose problem too. After research, I now also will have to worry about the timing chain tensioner going bad which is another common problem because it was made of cheap plastic type material. And that fix is even much more costly. I'm selling and moving on asap.

- , Springfield, MO, USA