CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2.1

2007 Nissan Maxima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jan 122015

Maxima 6-cyl

I took my car in to my mechanic at city auto repair to balance my tires and my mechanic found that underneath my car on my driver's side is rusting out and has a hole in it. There is apparently water coming in the car from somewhere and rusting out the floor pan on the driver's side of the car. I googled this problem and there are many complaints about this problem with Maxima's and Altima's. Nissan just did a recall for this exact problem, but only recalled SUV's. it's a fire hazard because the electrical harness can short out and cause a fire. I would ask that any and all Nissan cars (not just SUV's) be recalled for this problem. I also contacted Nissan about this problem and they refused to take responsibility for this problem and refused to pay for repair of the problem.

- Centreville , VA, USA