Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Apr 012015

Floor pans under both the drivers and front passenger seat are completely rusted out.

- Derwood, MD, USA

Apr 012014

2007 Nissan Maxima. Consumer writes in regards to corrosion in the floor boards, on both the driver's and passenger side.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Oct 012011

Maxima 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Maxima. While replacing the front driver side tire due to a flat, the road side assistance technician informed the contact that the entire floorboard was corroded. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician advised that the floorboard would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 116,000. Updated 01/18/2012 updated 02/03/12

- North Dartmouth, MA, USA

Jun 042009

I have had several problems with this car...this being the latest. Since buying this vehicle brand new I have had to have the entire dashboard replaced because it warped, the radio replaced, the chrome rails on top of the car replaced and now I took my vehicle in for service because I was hearing a "chirping" noise. I then got a call back and was told that the compressor had gone bad. But it gets better as right after that I was told that Nissan got a bad batch of compressors and they can't get a new one for me. But it still gets better...I was then told that if I don't replace the compressor (at a cost of over 1K) then it will fail and damage the belts, which will cause the power steering to fail as well as damaging the condenser. So I need a part that Nissan says is defective so they don't have anymore of them and are waiting on a new supplier, but in addition to that if I don't get this part it will cause additional damage to the car.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA