- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 3 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 12 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 16 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 38 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 39 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Electric Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 11,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: