CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

4.0

2007 Nissan Maxima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Jul 052016

Maxima

The horn on this vechicle does not blow. Nissan serviceman told me this was common on this vehicle, and if I didn't repair it, there might be airbag issues. I call Nissan and filed a claim # 22887303 on 7-5-2016. Was told not to move vehicle from Nissan repair dealer. On 7-6-2016 was told by Nissan they could not help with this hazard problem.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Dec 092013

Maxima 6-cyl

ABS sensor problems. Vehicle will not accelerate.

- Sauk, IL, USA

Jan 092007

Maxima 6-cyl

I purchased a new 2007 Nissan quest and had the remote start option installed, which was an audiovox as-9076 when inspecting the vehicle, I found that with the remote start package installed, it was possible to use the lock/unlock buttons on the doors to start the vehicle without the key. My concern here is that my wife comes home and gets out of the car to get my son out of the back and my one year old son could lock and start the car without the keys, if my wife left her purse on the front seat while she got him, the only thing she could do would be to call the police, as I doubt she would be able to break the window. The most dangerous scenario I can think of would be in the middle of the hottest day of the summer or something which could result in serious injury to a child, or a heart attack to his mother. I have had the remote start system disabled and we have another appointment with the dealer to "correct" the problem, they tried once and said they could not correct it, so I left it disabled until either removed or corrected, but if someone else had the same option installed and did not know about the buttons, I believe that it could be just a matter of time before a horrible accident happens to an innocent child, which I would hope can be avoided. I have already contacted Nissan, the dealership, and audiovox with my concerns as well, but no one seems to believe this danger exists, or merits any serious attention. Perhaps I'm wrong, but the potential consequences if I am right, are worth my time in trying to let someone know. Thank you.

- Bristol, PA, USA