CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

6.7

2007 Nissan Maxima exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Sep 192007

Maxima 6-cyl

On Wednesday September 19, 2007 I took my car to the dealership because the check engine light was on. As the service advisor checked me in I made him aware that my service engine light was on and my car was periodically stalling. Instead of thoroughly checking my car out, being that I explained that it wasn't running right, the advisor said there were a few transmission codes but they just reset the computer. I continue to drive my car and it still periodically stalled but on Friday September 28, 2007 my car began stalling and jerking so I took it back to the dealership. The technician ran a diagnostic test and the same codes from the prior weeks visit came up. They said they would need to keep my car for extensive work. However, they could not start this process until Wednesday October 3, 2007, I explained to the advisor that I drove 80 miles a day to my job and would need a loaner vehicle. He said they would not provide me with a loaner vehicle because I did not purchase my car directly through them. The advisor then said the earliest they could get my car in on Monday October 1, 2007. I stressed to the advisor that it was still three days away and I had to drive the car 80 miles a day. He just told me not to drive the car too much. The following Monday October 1, 2007 as I left my home I could not even make it up the street in my subdivision, my car cut off, I made several attempts to start it again because I had a school bus blocked. I finally got it to the dealership. Needless to say my transmission was bad; they kept my car four days. My car has been in and out of the shop since then and it still is not right. One visit they said that I had a problem with my exhaust system so they kept it two more days. The dealership would not call in a special technician in to found out what was wrong with my car so I contacted Consumer Affairs. As I stated I drive 80 miles everyday and I do not feel safe driving my car.

- Greensboro, NC, USA