Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima is a very good, reliably vehicle. Beware of Maximas from the 3 previous years though.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem for the 2007 model.

2007 Nissan Maxima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Maxima:

2007 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Nov 062009

I have a 2007 Nissan Maxima and my car shot out of a car wash and across 4 lanes of traffic and crashed into federal property. After the car was pushed from the dry option I put my foot on the brake took the car out of neutral, put it into drive and the car took off like a rocket. I had both feet on the brakes and had to use two hands to steer the car away from traffic. I had the choice of a light pole or a fence on federal property. I decided on the fence to be the least damaging. My grandson was in the car and it all happened within two minutes. I made eye contract with drivers to my left and right and honked my horn and everyone around saw I was having a problem and they stopped. I had no brakes and I reported this to Nissan and that was over two months ago and they are looking into this but I have not had a definite answer from them. I told them I need something to be done and that I feel I am driving an unsafe vehicle. They sent a contractor out twice to check it all out. The second time was for a test drive and checking the electrical system. Something failed in this car and I have only this car to drive to work. I do not feel safe, I want a fix. No one has said that it can or should be fixed. The dealership is not helping me at all.

- Frederick, MD, USA