- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 2 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 11 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 15 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 37 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 38 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
2.3hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 67,789 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: