- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 2 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 12 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 25 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 26,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
accessories - exterior problem