- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 10 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 11 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 20 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 37 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
2.8hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 52,541 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: