CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.

When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.

If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).

3.3

2009 Nissan Maxima wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Maxima:

2009 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Maxima

Recall 2009 Nissan Maxima when driving this vehicle the front end of the car is not stable feel like the car is wobbling and the tire is going to come off. And I always hear this loud cracking/popping sound when backing up and when I put the car in drive and go forward, while driving I sometimes can her this cracking/squeaking sound and also the tire indicator constantly stays on. I have take it to the shop to be checked, and they have check the air pressure in each tire on my car and also the spare tire in the trunk of my car several times. And the tire indicator will not go off. God forbid if when I go over a speed bump the entire car makes this loud squeaking sound. When my vehicle engine is on passage airbag indicator keep blanking and will not go off, stays on constantly. Something is wrong with this. I do not feel safe with passage in my car because of this problem. By the grace of god I have not had an accident." God blessed"

- Sparta, GA, USA

May 152014

Maxima 6-cyl

In May 2014, a roaring sound suddenly started, got worse, & then we had to have the dealer replace a wheel bearing. The sound quietened a little but was still there at all speeds. Then, we had to have the dealer replace another wheel bearing a couple of weeks later. In late August 2014, we again heard the noise & had to replace the 3rd wheel bearing. In my 61 years, this is the only car with which I have ever had a defective wheel bearing problem. Each time, I am out of pocket nearly $500! I bought this car new and have babied it; there is no reason besides faulty parts to cause this. From reading online, I see a pattern of faulty wheel bearings in Nissan Maximas. I could overlook 1 bad wheel bearing, but 3"??" and now I am worried #4 may be lurking.

- Ardmore , OK, USA

Mar 052010

Maxima

Wheels bend easily and causes vehicle to vibrate.

- New Britain, CT, USA