CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!

2010 Nissan Maxima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Maxima:

2010 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Oct 212010

Maxima

Passenger airbag warning light illuminates sporadically while driving with a passenger in the front seat. Vehicle has 7000 miles and I traded in an identical vehicle 2009 with 25,000 miles that was doing the exact same thing. Dealer could find nothing wrong, but agreed that if the light is on, the airbag would not deploy in an accident. He stated that possibly "the leather on the seat has to age to give it more flexibility". my wife is 140 pounds and 68" tall. I believe that should keep the airbag system active. A google search revealed that this is a common problem.

- Dade City, FL, USA

Feb 102010

Maxima

I was involved -- in front end car accident with my 2010 Nissan Maxima. The accident resulted in a severe damage to the front end of my car all the way to the car's engine. I was surprised that the driver's air bag did not activate under the impact. I towed my car to the Nissan dealer and I spoke with their shop mechanics, he was also surprise that the airbag did not activate and he suggested the airbag frontal sensors might be defected. He referred me to Nissan manufacture department. After contacting them, a representative emailed me an air bag manual. IżM really worried about the safety of my family and myself driving a defected car. I would appreciate it if you advise me to what to do. Thank you

- Houston, TX, USA