CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2010 Maxima, so far so good!

1.9

2010 Nissan Maxima wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Maxima:

2010 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Nov 192015

Maxima

It is shame!Nissan need to recall their max 2010 today it is cost me 1073.40$ my car 54,053 mileage, I went to work whit my car and off to day my friend pick me up because I am unable to turn car on lock steering lock my car.next day tow truck pick up the car.plus years a go suspension and wheels give me problems to.I am not going to buy a Nissan aging they're losing customers.

- Lindenhurst, NY, USA

Oct 192014

Maxima 6-cyl

The electronic steering wheel lock on the vehicle has malfunctioned and will not allow the steering wheel to lock. This ultimately prevents the car from starting do to the push to start feature. Nissan released a warranty extension for the 2009 model Maxima which is identical to 2010 model that I have, but the replacement part for my vehicle is not covered under the warranty. The new part will cost me $965 out of pocket. Apparently this is a known problem with Nissan Maxima vehicles. Please investigate this issue because there are almost 100 similar complaints listed on NHTSA website.

- Ocean Springs , MS, USA