- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 27,058 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replacement battery (2 reports)