CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!

1. replacement battery (2 reports)
2011 Nissan Maxima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Maxima:

2011 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Sep 152013

Maxima V6

• CVT transmission

Bought the car brand new and has less than 20,000 miles on it. Got in it to take my grandbaby back home and it was dead. This should not happen with this low mileage on ANY vehicle. I understand that I will have to pay for 25% of the cost of a new battery but why do I want to buy another battery that is the same from the dealership????? First Nissan ever purchased and maybe my last. The first problem with my Ford500 was a dead battery at 21,000 after purchasing it new. Now here we go again....................

- , Shreveport, LA, USA

Sep 192012

Maxima SV 3.5L

I have owned my 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5SV for two years and have had multiple issues already. I bought the car brand new and have had to replace the battery already. This was not covered under warranty because of the mileage but I am well aware this problems should have never occurred. There was no "good will" at the dealership and I was not treated with respect.

- , Saint James, NY, USA