- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2011 Maxima, so far so good!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 27,058 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replacement battery (2 reports)