CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.

The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.

Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.

For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!

4.0

2012 Nissan Maxima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Maxima:

2012 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Apr 222016

Maxima

The sunroof exploded spontaneously. I was sitting in evening rush hour traffic, at an almost stand still. The inside roof panel/cover was pulled back, but the sunroof itself was not opened. I had turned the A/C on and off a few times because although it wasn't very hot outside (upper 70S), I was making a business call over the car's bluetooth system, and had rolled the windows up in order to hear the call clearly. After the car got cold, I turned the air off. Before I could open the windows, so the car could warm back up inside, there was a large "boom" and subsequently glass from the sunroof began falling down into the center console.

- Lutherville, MD, USA

Jan 232016

Maxima

Tire recall from hankook tire for ventus S1 noble 2, 245/45R18. I have called hankook several times and they will not help. My tires are the ones they are recalling. All I want is the refund they state in the letter they sent to me certified.

- Frisco, TX, USA