2004 Acura TL miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TL:

2004 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jun 082016

TL

Dashboard around the passenger side airbag has cracked. Concern around potential impact or deployment of air bag. Cracked occurred when vehicle was parked.

- Springboro, OH, USA

May 052015

TL

My dashboard has two large cracks running the width of the dashboard, along where the airbags are supposed to deploy. No accident caused this defect.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 262016

TL

Multiple cracks on the dashboard that are close to the passenger airbag on the front right hand side. Cracks also happen throughout the dashboard by the instrument cluster and the middle close to the windshield. Very bad material Acura used to make these with. Should be a recall due to the safety issue with the airbag also.

- Downey, CA, USA

Feb 012015

TL

2004 Acura TL has a dashboard that has splintered. It started by the passenger airbag, now the complete dashboard is cracked.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 162014

TL

Airbag indicator light on instrument panel illuminates periodically. Dashboard has developed two significant cracks directly over the front passenger airbag. I am concerned that the combination of the airbag indicator light and dashboard cracks indicate a safety issue. If the airbag were to deploy, it may not do so appropriately. The cracks could cause it to deploy in wrong direction, rendering it ineffective or dangerous. Also, pieces of dashboard could break off in event of airbag deployment and result in projectiles that could injure occupants.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Mar 232015

TL

There was no accident. The dashboard on my 2004 TL began to crack. I've had the car since 2008 without any problems until now. The dash is cracked in two places, one from the front all the way to the edge of the cover of the instrument panel. The other crack comes from the front up to the middle speaker. No further spread so far but am concerned that cracking will continue and spread after seeing so many complaints. The local dealership said that replacement would be expensive, around $2000. They suggested that I call Acura customer service and see if they would do anything. That is my next step.

- Winston Salem , NC, USA

Jul 312015

TL

The steering shaft assembly and control arms that connect to the tie rods, sway bars and links to cv axle and I beleive rack and pinion suspension came apart from the tires and caused me to lose control of my vehicle with my child as a passenger which resulted in an accident. We are both very lucky to be alive as we were in route to travel the interstate before this crash occured.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Jul 112015

TL

There was no accident, my dashboard split where one of the airbags is located

- San Jose , CA, USA

Jun 152014

TL 6-cyl

Dashboard developed 9 cracks in one day. Several cracks run across the passengers side air bag. May be a safety issue along with defective parts.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

May 072013

TL

Dashboard has cracked directly over the passenger side airbag. Car is stored in a garage daily and out of excessive heat/cold year round. Steering wheel cover over the driver's side airbag also has cracked. Both cracks show visible outline of the airbags. Addressed the steering wheel crack with the fairfield, ca dealership where car was purchased and was told that I needed to have the airbag replaced at a cost of $1,500 dollars. The issue was part of the airbag housing. If that's the case, wouldn't this be a safety issue and not cosmetic" especially because both cracks are directly over the airbags"

- Napa, CA, USA

Apr 012013

TL

Got in my car one morning and noticed a huge crack on the dash of the passenger side where the airbag is. I feel this could be a safety issue and shows the lack of quality material used in cars. I don't feel that I should have to pay the expensive cost to repair this seeing as I've paid the expensive cost of the car. I understand normal wear and tear but this is ridiculous. There are cars that are way older than a 2004 that this doesn't happen to. Since this happened to my car and I have researched it, apparently this is a problem with alot of 2004 Acura Tls.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

May 182012

TL 6-cyl

The vehicle is a 2004 Acura TL. It is mainly garaged kept and well maintained. It has developed a large crack in the dashboard running from the windshield towards the passenger seat. It appeared one day for no apparent reason. The car has not been in any accident. There is an extended warranty on the car but they won't cover this. In my opinion, this is due to inferior materials and/or design and should be repaired by the manufacturer. What happens if there is an accident and the air bag deploys...will the cracked dash prevent the air bag from deploying properly" or will there be pieces of the dashboard acting as little missiles posing a threat to the occupants"

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Feb 032010

TL 6-cyl

My dashboard has multiple cracks resulting from no damage whatsoever. I have researched online and many other owners of Acura TL models are seeing the same issue. I am concerned this will affect the airbag deployment system.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jan 012007

TL 6-cyl

Dashboard starts to crack in the area around the passenger side air bag. You can see the shape of the air bag underneath the dashboard once the cracks start. The cracks continue to appear all over the dashboard out of no where. This vehicle has had no chemicals on the dashboard to clean it. The vehicle has been kept in a garage for a time away from direct sunlight. It has even happened on my 2005 Acura TL that I also own. So this seems to be a problem with the 2004 and 2005 Acura TL's.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Sep 012011

TL 6-cyl

Dash pad cracking around passenger side air bag.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Aug 012011

TL 6-cyl

Cracked dashboard near passenger side airbag on a 2004 Acura TL.

- Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Jun 142011

TL

Dashboard cracking severely around airbag sites. Worried that this could be a dangerous safety hazard to my passengers and or myself

- Douglass, KS, USA

Jun 012011

Dash board cracked

- Montgomery , AL, USA

Jun 052011

TL

After approx. 104,000 miles my dashboard started to crack around the passenger side airbag. The crack is currently following the outlines of the airbag and as such is shaped like a backward "C", creating an outline around the airbag. It also appears that perhaps the airbag itself has dropped away from the dash as I can see what seems to be a modest depression in the dash revealing the area of the airbag.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 152010

TL

The dashboard started to crack about a year ago and has continued to do so. Vehicle is maintained on a regular basis. Dashboard is continually treated with protective lotions, stored in a garage and parked in shade. There are now 5 cracks in the dash and I have found multiple owners that have experienced the same issue. This is a luxury car that has been well taken care of. I would consider this to be a recall issue.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA