ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2006 Acura TL seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura TL:

2006 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 022012

TL 6-cyl

Since I bought my TL brand new if it sits 2 days or more the battery dies. Once the car is turned off you can hear clicking in the dash. I have purchased a new battery for this vehicle every year and a half. The bluetooth quit within 3 years. Then the dashboard started showing a rectangle image about 3 years in. My Acura is garage kept and well taken care of. Got in my car one morning and there is a crack on each side of the airbag going from windshield to passenger seat. This seems extremely dangerous. Not to mention very concerning. This is an expensive luxury car. This should not be happening.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Aug 012012

TL 6-cyl

Cracks have developed in the dashboard. Approximately 10 inches along one side of passenger side air bag. I am concerned this will affect the air bag. Also cracks on driver side dash.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Jun 232013

TL 6-cyl

On June 23, 2013 I was sitting on the passenger side of my 2006 Acura TL and noticed that my dashboard has approximately an 8 inch crack in it. The crack is on a seam where the airbag should deploy if I were to get into a car accident. My car has never been in an accident and is a certified pre-owned Acura that I purchased at 30,000 miles. It formerly belonged to an fsu professor who has a long standing relationship with the dealership I purchased it from. The crack appeared overnight and is still a surprise to me. How does a $30,000 car get a crack in the dashboard especially where the airbag deploys? I no longer feel safe in this car. Apparently this issue is widespread in the 2004-2006 model year Acura TL's. one such forum acurazine has numerous owners with the exact issue. I also joined the facebook group Acura TL defective dash-consumer's rights. Both groups encouraged owners to make formal complaints to the NHTSA.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

May 272013

TL

My husband and I noticed that there were two vertical cracks on the dash on either side of the passenger side dash airbag measuring approximately 5-6 inches each. The car was not involved in an accident and is not left out in the sun for extended periods of time so there is no known reason or explanation for these cracks. I have found numerous other complaints from consumers regarding this exact issue and I hope that Acura investigates it, as this is obviously a defect and a safety issue. If the cracks continue to grow and/or the dash cracks further, it could cause the airbag to deploy or malfunction, not to mention that a luxury car should not have this type of problem. None of my other vehicles have ever had cracks in the dash, including a Honda Accord that was over 15 years old and an Acura cl that was 11 years old.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 302013

TL

2006 Acura TL; dashboard began cracking along the edge of the passenger airbag, within a day the crack grew substantially, this is very disappointing and concerning due to its location on the airbag perhaps if it cracks all the way the airbag could potentially deploy.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 202013

TL 6-cyl

There is crack on the passenger side airbag cover of my Acura 2006 TL car. I notice the crack on April 20, 2013. Now, tt becomes much larger and longer. I believe that this is a manufacturing defect and a safety issue. I am afraid that the airbag will come out of this crack and hurt people.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Jan 142010

TL 6-cyl

Dashboard is cracking all over the place. This is not regular wear and tear but a design/manufacturing defect. I am concerned about safety of airbag.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Jun 202012

TL 6-cyl

Vehicle has developed a 16" long crack on the passenger side air bag to the right on the vertical air bag seam. When driven the crack appears to have grown, therefore we have stopped driving it completely until this safety issue is fixed. We fear that the passenger side air bag could be negatively effected by this crack either premature deployment or not properly deploying in the event of an accident. The car has always been meticulously taken care of and garage kept since we drove it off the dealers lot brand new.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Oct 102011

TL 6-cyl

There are some cracks in the dash around the passenger's airbag. One of them (and the larger one) is just over the crease/seam of the airbag lid. I'm afraid that this may harm (eventually) the proper functionality of the airbag in an event of a collision. The car is only 5 years old and apparently it is a defect of the 2004 thru 2006 models..

- Coamo, PR, USA

Feb 252007

TL 6-cyl

The side airbag turned on and when taken to the dealership they said that no codes were found. Apparently, the computer has a malfunction. I was told that since no code were found in the computer, then the manufacturer will not cover it under warranty. Currently I am dealing with the situation, because this is unacceptable to have a warning light on and not do anything to correct it.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA