2015 BMW 328 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW 328:

2015 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Feb 182021

328

There were multiple occasions (3 times last year and 2 this year) when driver side door latch failed to open the door. The immediate remedy is to unlock using the center console lock/unlock button. This is a dangerous situation esp. When a car gets in an accident or not reach button preventing safe escape. This has happened when car has parked and attempting to open door from latch. I ended up having the car fixed by dealer at steven creek BMW for $1200+ last week replacing cable/latch assembly. My 328I xdrive is barely 6 years old and feel that a mature platform should not prevent you from safely exiting your car.

- Morgan Hill, CA, USA

Jan 042020

328

Driver's door and front passenger's door will not open with the interior door lever. This is an intermittent problem that can happen once a month or once a week. Lock knob on the door pops up and then back down when using the lever. The only way to unlock the door is to press the dash door lock button. This is extremely dangerous as all BMW's have an automatic battery disconnect in the event of an accident; therefore there would be no way to exit the vehicle! I spoke to the local BMW service agent and he said they knew of the problem but it was not covered by BMW. This should be a safety recall!!!!!

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Oct 252018

328

Recall campaign 18V-755 (egr). No remedy. It has been almost a year since the recall has come out and BMW has not fixed my car

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Jan 222019

328

Panoramic moonroof exploded shattered while driving

- Ofallon, IL, USA

Nov 292018

328

My car smells like gasoline and is leaking gas

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Oct 162018

328

I was driving on I-91 at normal highway speed and the car suddenly started decelerating on its own with no warning lights or other indication of a problem. I pulled over immediately and shut the engine off and got out to investigate and saw smoke under the hood. I called 911 and the car was visibly on fire by the time they arrived.

- Belchertown, MA, USA

May 012018

328

Double pull handle unlock feature not working. When I pull the handle after turning off the vehicle, the lock would not unlock. Instead the knob returns to locked position until I press the unlock button on center console. As showed in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=iattxl7pmow

- Daly City, CA, USA

Feb 072018

328

Rear spoiler malfunction appeared on my screen while I was driving roughly 30 miles per hour, then the rear spoiler began to smoke within 60 seconds. I pulled the car over to park it, and after another 100 seconds, the spoiler caught fire and within 180 more seconds the whole rear of the car was on fire. By this time the fire department showed up and extinguished the flames.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 162017

328

My complaint concerns the radio, and reception. I have been to 3 different dealerships in 3 different towns and have been told on 3 different occasions the radio/antenna is ok. The problem is I have a 2007 BMW and a 3012 gotd Fusion, as well as my former spouse has a 2017 Ford mustang and there is no problem getting radio stations in either of these vehicles.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Oct 232016

328

Gran turismo tailgate crashed upon my head without tail warning lights flashing or alarm. No foot kicking to activate the feature was invoked. While parked with the hatch open, I was simply placing groceries into my trunk. The problem is intermittent, and can not be repeated upon demand. I have been able to demo the problem several times since the first event. I also uncovered several other problems with the tailgate. The kicking feature to activate tailgate lifting and lowering doesn't work 100%. vigorous kicking in different spots is needed to activate the hands free feature. Sometimes there is a partial drop and reopening of the tailgate. Sometimes the alarm works and sometimes not. When hands free closing of hatch, an obstruction will not cause the door to retreat. Finally the hatch will close without any warning.

- Mays Landing, NJ, USA

Oct 232016

328

Trunk closure mechanism has a sensor that can be activated by passing a foot under the bumper area while trunk is opened while stationary. Sensor cannot be deactivated and can be accidentally activated by foot-animal causing the trunk to close causing injury to person in area. Wife being treated by a neurologist for concussion, and potential neck injuries. Dealer in egg harbor New Jersey states sensor cannot be deactivated. System is a safety hazard.

- Mays Landing, NJ, USA

Jun 242016

328

Sunroof exploded-2015 BMW 328I sedan-on Friday, 6/24/16 around 8:15am, while traveling in wash, DC's rush hour traffic at 35-45mph on route 295N, a loud blast, like a bomb, suddenly jolted my car! fearfully, I continued to steer the car looking for a safe place to pull over, which was approximately 150 feet beyond a curve in the road. I pulled over, my daughter and I were ok but bewildered when we saw a large gaping hole in the center of my sunroof! I immediately thought that we had been shot or a large object had hit us. Glass chips began falling on us. Still in shock, it took me a few minutes to realize that I should close the sunshade! not knowing what happened, we were too scared to exit the car, so my daughter called 911 and I pressed my sos button for assistance. We simultaneously were trying to explain the situation to the receivers of our calls. A DC police officer arrived and quickly accessed the incident. He'd witnessed the same on a few other makes of cars. He assured us that based on the outward protrusion of the remaining glass, the impact was from within, it had exploded, not imploded. There was no indication of a shot or object of any size hitting the car. There were a few pieces of various sized shattered glass on the backseat, where my grandson's car seat caddy was. The officer eventually convinced me it was safe to drive to my dealer and I did so. When I arrived at the BMW dealer, the service mgr. Immediately acknowledged to me and gathering coworkers, of seeing previous sunroof explosions. However, in two follow-up calls he stated that BMW would not cover (pay). The 2nd call, after following up with his manager per my request, he stated that [it] could only shatter if something hit an existing crack...the same with the previous sunroofs incidents he had seen. I did not have a crack in my sunroof previous to this incident!

- Fort Washington, MD, USA

Oct 042015

328

I was driving on the highway and the sunroof on my car just exploded. Unfortunately I did not have the cover closed so when it exploded it fell and hit me in the head. It fell in a large chunk onto me then shattered. I was not going under anything and was driving on a straightaway at about 70mph.

- Fairfield, CT, USA