2013 Buick Enclave engine NHTSA complaints: Vehicle Speed Control

NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

4.2

2013 Buick Enclave engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Enclave:

2013 Buick Enclave Owner Comments

Apr 242014

Enclave 6-cyl

04/24/2014 3:56pm our 2013 Enclave suddenly went into reduced engine power mode while traveling on the interstate at speeds of 65-70 when suddenly speed was reduced to 35-45mph. My wife almost got rear ended. She contact onstar for diagnostics but they could not see any issue with the vehicle. (not issues or diagnostic codes found) when this happened the service stabilitrak light lit, traction off light lit, flashing service engine soon light lit. Car running rough and went into power reduced mode with sudden reduced speed while driving on hwy. To date this has now happened several times and until this past Sunday, 10/26/2014 had never stored a code to show a problem. This event showed a C0561 code stored. I contacted the dealership for an appointment but they were not able to look at it until today, 10/29/2014 at this point there apparently were too many drive cycles and the code had cleared. The dealership advised me to bring it in asap on the next event of this happening without turning the vehicle off, I have know idea when or where I'll be when it happens again.... this is a big safety issue with this vehicle and I just hope to not get into an accident from this before they are able to fix it.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA