- March 11: GM Destination Charge Class Action Lawsuit is Over news | 5 days ago
- January 17: Cadillac Escalade Class Action Lawsuit Filed in Tennessee news | 58 days ago
- December 18: GM Recall Expanded Over Daytime Running Lights recalls | 88 days ago
Low Oil Pressure Turns Off Motor
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 53,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2007 DTS problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
This problem started a couple of years ago. At a low RPM a message and a dinging came up saying low oil pressure turn off motor. When it happened I turned off the motor and restarted it and it stopped. At the beginning it would happen once every 6 months. Lately it is doing it more and more.
The last time it happened I brought it to my mechanic. He hooked up his computer to it and it didn't register anything. He asked if the motor makes noise when it comes on. I told him no. It runs great and quiet. He thinks it's an oil sending unit problem. I saw this same problem on another site that a lady had. Her car experienced the same problem that mine did. She said her mechanic said the same thing and changed her oil sending unit. She said it didn't help. It still does it. Her mechanic said it probably a sticky valve in the oil pump. Wow my car only has 52,000 miles on it. Oil pump, they would have to pull and open up the motor. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
- John C., Covington, LA, US