- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 21 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 25 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 27 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 15075: Improperly Routed Side Impact Wire Harness
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt
A disabled driver side roof-rail air bag will not deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of that air bag, increasing the risk of injury to the driver.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt vehicles manufactured January 4, 2010, to June 23, 2010. The affected vehicles may be equipped with an improperly routed Side-Impact Sensor (SIS) wiring harness in the driver side front door. The misrouted wiring harness could cause an electrical short that disables the driver side curtain air bag.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the sensor's wiring in the driver's door and make repairs as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on September 8, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15075.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15075 Date: August 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-3
- January 27, 2016 Subject: Clarification on Quarterly Report Figures
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.