3.2

2006 Chevrolet Corvette fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette:

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 032020

Corvette

After filling the gas tank and driving home there is a very strong smell of gasoline in my garage. I think the fuel is leaking out when the fuel tank is full.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 312020

Corvette

IżM noticing a gas smell inside my car and near the rear wheel well. I notice this smell when the car is stationary.

- Burlington, NC, USA

Jun 112020

Corvette

Fuel gas fumes from left rear wheel opening and inside when vehicle is stationary. Had fuel sending unit in gas tank replaced and new gas cap but did not solve the problem. Dangerous gas fumes !! fumes stronger when weather is hot.

- Madison Heights, VA, USA

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that after refueling the vehicle, there was an odor of fuel present inside and outside of the vehicle. The cause of the failure was not determined. The local dealer autonation Chevrolet located at (2118 S padre island dr corpus christie, tx) was notified of the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 23,600.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Mar 092020

Corvette

Gas smell in car and garage after filling car up. DidnżT notice smell until car filled with gas. Also noticed small gas spot near passenger side back tire

- Lexington, KY, USA

Nov 062019

Smell gas fumes while driving over 1/2 tank

- Clanton, AL, USA

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that with the fuel tank at half full, there was an abnormal exhaust fumes odor in the vehicle. Stokes automotive located at 86 peach tower rd, clanton, al 35045 (205) 755-3700, was contacted and informed of the issue. The contact was informed that the vehicle warranty period was exceeded. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was concerned that the leak was due to the failure of a plastic fitting on the primary fuel tank. The manufacturer was not contacted or informed of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 44,750.

- Clanton, AL, USA

Corvette

My vehicle with 85,000 miles began emmiting a continuous raw gas smell when I refill the fuel tank. Smell is coming from the left side, rear, wheel well. Smell is intense to the point I cannot store inside the garage as I fear a fire hazard and a toxic smell is coming into my house interior. Smell seems to end once fuel level goes below 1/2 full.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Dec 152018

Corvette

Gas tank is leaking a lot

- Glendale, AZ, USA

May 232019

Corvette

Fuel system leak from tank and or fuel pump. Car cranks, wont start, strong odor of fuel coming from tank. Mostly happens after filling tank and at times while car is in motion.

- Moon, PA, USA

Sep 142018

Corvette

I smell gas after filling up. Goes away after the tank is below half full. Spoke with other C6 Corvette owners with the same problem and it has to do with a faulty gas tank filler cause by plastic parts of the neck filler cracking.

- Joseph, UT, USA

Sep 252018

Corvette

I smell gas coming from my gas tank, especially after a fillup. The cap has been replaced. No spillage occurs when filling up but yet the smell persists until I get below a half a tank. Others in the Corvette world who own a C6 Corvette have complained of the same thing and have discovered it is due to a faulty seal in between the tank and filler, perhaps the whole assembly. Very dangerous fire hazard.

- Joseph, UT, USA

Aug 102018

Corvette

Every time I put fuel in the car there is a strong gas smell by the car that lingers for a long time.

- Williamstown, NJ, USA

Oct 112018

Corvette

I filled up my gas tank and when getting back into the car I noticed a strong gas odor, so strong that I had to roll the windows down in the rain. The smell was especially bad when I came to a stop. I just looked online to see if others are having this problem and it seems this is a major issue with the C6 Corvette. This is extremely unsettling, considering many of us park our cars in garages with Pilot lights and other sources of spark/flame. I'll be contacting GM.

- Portland, OR, USA

Sep 052018

Smell fuel after filllup

- Baxley, GA, USA

Jul 152018

Corvette

3 days ago I filled up my C6 at the gas station and ever since then it has been I very strong smell of gas and it has yet to go away even when the car has not been driven it still smells like gas

- Ft. Hood, TX, USA

Apr 012015

Corvette

Strong gas fuel odor coupe interior and outside left rear wheel well

- Madison Heights, VA, USA

May 042018

Corvette

I bought this car the other day and on the way home I stopped at the gas station and filled my car up to 3/4 of a tank. When I got home there was a very strong smell of gas coming into the car. I parked in the garage and when I woke up the next morning the smell was unbearable. I have it at the Chevy dealership right now having it looked at. I just saw a forum with someone having the same problem and sent me to this link. Is this a recall? also the smell is strong at all times driving/parked/idoling

- Ooltewah, TN, USA

Jan 062018

Corvette

I recently (Jan 6, 2018), noticed a very distinct gasoline smell in my garage and around my 2006 Corvette. There is no spotting beneath the car. The odor has its strongest concentration in the area near the filler door (driver's side rear wheel well area). I have owned the car for exactly three years and this is the first time this smell has been present. It is very pervasive and definitely gasoline. The fumes are a major safety hazard and this condition is very disconcerting. There are numerous postings on Corvette forums and on you tube, that highlight this ongoing problem with early C6 Corvettes (2005-2008). I have called Chevrolet dealer service departments and they acknowledge that this has been a problem, but that no recall has been issued. The problem is that gasoline is spraying out of the seals and certain plastic hose connections related to the fuel tank, and, or, around the fuel pump and possibly the crossover tube. Gasoline "puddles" on top of the gas tank or is caught by the tank shield beneath the tank...thus no spotting under the car. The fumes and the liquid are a major fire danger...both in a stationary garage setting or when the car is in motion, where gasoline would have the potential to ignite on a hot surface such as the exhaust.

- Salem, SC, USA

Feb 282017

Corvette

Smell of gas consistently fills the cabin. I fear it is a crack in the gas tank like multiple others have reported.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA