- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 35 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 36 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14240: Sport Seat Side Impact Air Bag May Cause Injury
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
In the event of a crash necessitating side impact air bag deployment, an unbelted young child may be at an increased risk of neck injury.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles manufactured November 20, 2013, to March 25, 2014, and equipped with optional sport seats. The seats do not meet internal specifications for injury protection in relation to an unbelted young child.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger's side impact air bag, free of charge. The recall is began in early August 2014. Owners should not allow small children to ride in vehicles unbelted or in the front passenger seat. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 14240.
- Documents (12)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB- Rev 1
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Stop Delivery
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report
Click a tab for more information.