- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 3 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 4 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 15 days ago
- February 7: General Motors C/K Truck Fire Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 16 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.
However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."
Worst 2012 Cruze Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loss of power6
- jerky or erratic acceleration4
- stalling, traction control light, running lean code3
- broken piston ring lands2
- cracked valve cover2
- oil leak2
- engine power light on1
- idling poorly1
- leaking head gasket1
- price for an oil change very high1
- solenoid failure1
- NHTSA: Engine109
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.