- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 5 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 14 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 24 days ago
- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 33 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.
However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Loss Of Power6
- Jerky Or Erratic Acceleration4
- Cracked Valve Cover3
- Stalling, Traction Control Light, Running Lean Code3
- Broken Piston Ring Lands2
- Oil Leak2
- Engine Power Light On1
- Idling Poorly1
- Leaking Head Gasket1
- Price For An Oil Change Very High1
- Solenoid Failure1
- Turbo Failure1
- NHTSA: Engine156
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control37
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.