- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 1 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 4 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 8 days ago
- May 17: GM Recalls Vehicles With Faulty Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 10 days ago
- May 13: Safety Group Says NHTSA Should Force GM Airbag Recalls news | 14 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Cruze
On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.
However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loss of power6
- jerky or erratic acceleration4
- stalling, traction control light, running lean code3
- broken piston ring lands2
- cracked valve cover2
- oil leak2
- engine power light on1
- idling poorly1
- leaking head gasket1
- price for an oil change very high1
- solenoid failure1
- NHTSA: Engine153
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control36
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.