- November 12: Chevy Shift to Park Lawsuit: Vehicles Won't Shut Off news | 24 days ago
- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 50 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 56 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 63 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 69 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 3
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 91,644 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.