- December 1: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 3 days ago
- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- November 17: Chevy Corvette Cracked Rims Lawsuit Dismissed news | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
exhaust system problem