- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 4 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 12 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 15 days ago
- June 11: GM Truck Hood Recall Issued, Again recalls | 30 days ago
- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 59 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #N192291100 01
2013 Chevrolet Equinox
Affected Component: AIR BAGS
- Special Coverage (Revised Warranty). Some vehicles equipped with a 2.4L engine (RPO LEA) may exhibit excessive engine oil consumption (less than 2,000 miles [3,200 km] per quart [0.946 L] of engine oil), due to piston ring wear. If this condition is present, an audible rattle or knock from the engine may be heard. The engine oil pressure telltale may illuminate on the instrument panel or the following message may appear in the Driver Information Center: "Oil Pressure Low ? Stop Engine". Dealers are to perform an oil consumption test and install new pistons and piston rings if excessive consumption is found. In addition, dealers are to repair or replace any engine components that require repair or replacement if the need for such repair or replacement was solely caused by excessive oil consumption due to piston ring wear. The repairs will be made at no charge to the Customer.
Click a tab for more information.