- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 11 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 14 days ago
- June 11: GM Truck Hood Recall Issued, Again recalls | 29 days ago
- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 58 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5216D
2013 Chevrolet Equinox
Affected Component: ENGINE (PWS)
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have a knock noise, seized engine, lower end squeak or squeal from the engine. Technician will inspect the oil control solenoids for metal debris. Also inspect for damage to the cam caps Journals and camshaft journals on the heads. The check the timing chain idler sprockets for stiffness when turning. If any of these instances would be a cause to replace the engine instead of repair.
Click a tab for more information.