- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 2 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- April 8: GM Recalls Chevy Camaros Over Steering Wheel Emblems recalls | 7 days ago
- April 1: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Fuse Blocks Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- March 31: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Owners: Park Outside recalls | 15 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5282
2015 Chevrolet Equinox
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician about the calculation and operation of the engine oil life monitor. The monitor calculates the percent of oil life remaining, based on 3 pathways. The first pathway for oil life calculation is engine revolutions. The second pathway for oil life calculation is the mileage form the last rest for all General Motors powertrains except the Volt. The third pathway for oil life calculation is the amount of time the oil is in the engine. The Volt uses a 2 year timer instead of 1 year. It also uses the engine revolution counter. It does not use the mileage pathway to count down.
Click a tab for more information.