- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 2 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 7 days ago
- April 8: GM Recalls Chevy Camaros Over Steering Wheel Emblems recalls | 7 days ago
- April 1: GM Class Action Lawsuit Over Fuse Blocks Dismissed news | 14 days ago
- March 31: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Owners: Park Outside recalls | 15 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5331
2015 Chevrolet Equinox
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE/MOBILITY
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles with a rattle, tick, or knock type noise. Technician will use chassis ears to listen to the right and left side of the engine and isolate which bank the noise is from. Technician should now remove the piston and rod assemblies from the affected bank to inspect for a loose rod bushing in the rod, or a loose wrist pin in the bushing. There should be no metal through the oil and a piston and rod assembly will repair this noise. If technician finds metal refer to the latest version of PIP5216. If no wrist pins or bushings are found loose and all other diagnostics for this type of noise has been exhausted then engine replacement may be necessary.
Click a tab for more information.