- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 3 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 8 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 13 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 19 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 46600: Incorrect Tire Information On Label/FMVSS 110
2016 Chevrolet Equinox
If the information on the certification labels is incorrect, the operator may install incorrectly sized tires or rims or may improperly inflate the tires, increasing the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles manufactured October 16, 2015. The certification labels may have incorrect tire/rim size and cold tire pressure information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the certification label, free of charge. The recall began on July 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1050, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 46600.
- Documents (11)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 110
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N16204660 Release Date: June 2016
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 29, 2016 Subject: 46600-01 – Noncompliance Recall Incorrect Certification Label Installed Customer Letter Added
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.