- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 15 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 34 days ago
- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 40 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 42 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 05051: Loss Of Steering And Braking System
2004 Chevrolet Kodiak
If there is sufficient amount of fluid loss, the driver will hear a noise from the power steering pump, the brake warning light and warning tone will activate. Increased effort may be required for steering and braking, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
- Certain 2003-2005 model year 4500/5500 series Chevrolet Kodiak, school bus chassis, and GMC topkick vehicles; and 2003-2004 model year GMC school bus chassis vehicles equipped with an 8.1L engine and hydromax brake system. The power steering hose may come into contact with a portion of the intermediate steering shaft. A hole could be worn in the hose and a loss of hydraulic fluid would occur.
- GM will notify its customers and dealers will reroute the power steering hose. If the steel braiding of the hose is exposed, dealers are to replace the hose free of charge. The recall began on July 12, 2005. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 800-630-2438 or GMC at 866-996-9463.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.