- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 2 days ago
- May 17: GM Recalls Vehicles With Faulty Kidde Fire Extinguishers recalls | 4 days ago
- May 13: Safety Group Says NHTSA Should Force GM Airbag Recalls news | 8 days ago
- May 8: GM Recalls 2018 Chevy Equinox to Replace Front Windows recalls | 13 days ago
- May 1: General Motors Sued For Not Replacing Takata Airbag Inflators news | 20 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 05051: Loss Of Steering And Braking System
2004 Chevrolet Kodiak
If there is sufficient amount of fluid loss, the driver will hear a noise from the power steering pump, the brake warning light and warning tone will activate. Increased effort may be required for steering and braking, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Fluid
- Certain 2003-2005 model year 4500/5500 series Chevrolet Kodiak, school bus chassis, and GMC topkick vehicles; and 2003-2004 model year GMC school bus chassis vehicles equipped with an 8.1L engine and hydromax brake system. The power steering hose may come into contact with a portion of the intermediate steering shaft. A hole could be worn in the hose and a loss of hydraulic fluid would occur.
- GM will notify its customers and dealers will reroute the power steering hose. If the steel braiding of the hose is exposed, dealers are to replace the hose free of charge. The recall began on July 12, 2005. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 800-630-2438 or GMC at 866-996-9463.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.