- March 26: GM Recall Issued For Transmission Sun Gear Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- March 11: GM Destination Charge Class Action Lawsuit is Over news | 18 days ago
- February 23: GM Lifter Failure Lawsuit: 17 Plaintiffs Sent to Arbitration news | 34 days ago
- February 11: GM Fuel Pump Module Recall: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain recalls | 46 days ago
- February 9: Chevy and GMC Truck Rear Fuel Tanks May Collapse recalls | 48 days ago
Chevrolet Defect Investigation RQ04005: TURN SIGNAL FAILURES
2000 Chevrolet Malibu
TURN SIGNAL FAILURES
Exterior Lighting:Hazard Flashing Warning Lights:Switch
Exterior Lighting:Turn Signal:Switch
- GM conducted a recall (NHTSA recall number 03V327) on model year (MY) 2000-2001 Alero, Grand Am and Malibu vehicles to replace defective hazard switches that cause the turn signals and hazard lights to fail.the recall covered vehicles built from February 2000 through May 2001 (depending on model).ODI opened this investigation based on 64 reports alleging turn signal failure on MY 1999-2000 Alero, Grand Am and Malibu vehicles not covered under the recall and built prior to February 2000.in December 2004, GM will issue a special policy for MY 1999-2000 Alero, Grand Am and Malibu vehicles not covered under recall 03V327.the policy covers turn signal/hazard flasher failure for a period of 10 years or 150,000 miles (whichever occurs first) to provide a no cost replacement of the hazard switch.GM will send letters to owners starting December 30, 2004.the actions taken by the manufacturer is sufficient to resolve the issues raised by this investigation.the closing of this investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that no safety-related defect exists.the Agency reserves the right to take future action if warranted by the circumstances.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.